Sunday, June 18, 2006

Recommended New Band: The Michael Wookey Band



I realised that I haven't plugged my wonderful music friends in The Michael Wookey half as much as I should have done. Hailing from my own hometown of Southampton, they're currently touring-go-go as well as doing more recording and filming a video. Inspired by Tom Waits, Radiohead, Eels, Sparklhorse, Daniel Johnston and a whole lot more, they're genuinely fantastic, and I would say that even if they weren't also lovely people. They recently won a Bournemouth battle of the bands and as their prize they'll be playing the upcoming Bournemouth festival. Other dates include a support slot this wednesday at Southampton Joiners on the Sweet and Tender Hooligans tour, and a slot at the Larmer Tree Festival at Blandford on 14th July. Tour dates, mp3s and other good stuff at their official site or at their/Mike's myspace page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home