Monday, February 20, 2006

New Records for February 20th - 26th


Okay folks, sorry for the lack of updates the last few days. Very busy preparing two presentations for uni, plus nursing my girlfriend back to health! Tomorrow should see some mp3 action from Kerbdog, and after that the next part of the Pulp marathon. Until then here's the new stuff out tomorrow/today (it's sunday night to me). Lots of interesting new albums, my pick of the week being the tremendous new Eels live album. That's a must have. I was a bit let down by the new Liars but most of their fans seem to like it. Not a lot of interesting compilations i'm afraid, only a rather pricey but amazing sounding Miles box. I feel I should mention that the Delays have their new single out purely because they're from my city, and no other bands ever were. Ever. I haven't heard it but my friend Alex says its amazing, so maybe worth checking out if you're into that La'sey jangly guitary poppy stuff. Oh, and once you've bought the Eels cd, go get the DVD too, cos the tracklist is different. Mmmm eels.

Albums:

The Alarm - Under Attack
Euros Childs - Chops
Ray Davies - Other Peoples Lives
Neil Diamond - 12 Songs
Greg Dulli - Amber Headlights
Eels - With Strings
Liars - Drum's Not Dead
William Orbit - Hello Waveforms
Dolly Parton - Those Were The Days
Tarantula AD - Book Of Sand
The Wonder Stuff - Suspended By Stars

Compilations and Reissues:

Miles Davis - The Cellar Door Session 1970

Singles:

Delays - Valentine
Maximo Park - I Want You To Stay
Morning Runner - Burning Benches
My Latest Novel - The Reputation of Ross Francis
Shout Out Louds - Please Please Please

DVD:

Eels - With Strings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home