Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Peel Session: Explosions In The Sky (2004)



Now i'm not actually that huge a fan of Explosions In The Sky. Despite being quite a post-rock fan (though I prefer the more hectic and noisy stuff to the more reflective), they've never really jumped out at me as being much more than another Mogwai/Godspeed derivative. I have given them a chance, and people say that live they would probably convert me, but alas as yet it just ain't happened. So yeh, not a big fan, but I'm feeling very ill and tired tonight and so don't have a lot of time to do a bigger post, and I also know that a lot of people liked the other session by them that I put up, aaaaand I also know a lot of people were mega disappointed by their recent European tour cancellations. So! Consider this a peace offering, thou fans of the Explosions. It was recorded in February 2004 and was the second of the bands two sessions. As ever, I hope you enjoy them!

Explosions In The Sky - 01 The Only Moment We Were Alone (Peel session)
Explosions In The Sky - 02 The Long Spring (Peel session)
Explosions In The Sky - 03 With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept (Peel session)

1 Comments:

Blogger skyintheairwaves said...

loving it.

The post rock is the good rock, old sort.

12:14 am, May 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home