Sunday, July 03, 2005

Humble apologies (soundtrack: Editors / The Back Room)


Hello folks. Just wanted to post to say sorry for not doing any substantial updates recently. Been bogged down with tons of stuff including sorting out stuff for my new flat ready for the move at the end of the month. Anyway i'm off on holiday on friday to L.A., San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and Philadelphia (yes you should be jealous), but will try to stick at least two other legendary forgotten bands up before then so that I don't lose all of my loyal viewers whilst i'm not posting for two weeks. Anyway while i'm typing, here are some thoughts:

  • The Editors album, The Back Room, is rather good. I might get bored of it quick but on first listen sounds great.
  • My holiday will involved visiting this record store. Mahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
  • Why didn't I listen to Afghan Whigs before?
  • No Rock & Roll Fun is a rather great blog. Check it out.
  • I'm off to Nine Inch Nails & Saul Williams at Brixton tomorrow night, so let's hope its not cancelled last minute due to a band member having a headache or a slight pain in the finger.
  • Why does Sufjan Stevens make all other 'Christian music' seem shite?
  • How good is the recentish Iron & Wine EP 'Woman King'? It's very good. Indeed.
  • Rumour is that Martha Wainwright is supporting Nick Cave at Alexandra Palace, which should be rather great, but then makes me think I might not bother going to see her at the Wedgewood Rooms if it's true. Ho hum.
  • Revelation time: Bob Dylan was the man that voiced Roland the Rat. I posted about this on Drowned In Sound forum and recieved a mighty zero replies. Soon I shall post proof. Just you wait.

    Anyway that's enough for now. Night.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home