Saturday, January 21, 2006

MP3: And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Reading 2001



And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead were one of my highlights of the Reading Festivals of both 2001 and 2002. 2001 saw them hit the main stage in the middle of the day, playing highlights from their self titled debut, the monster of an album that is Madonna (which had just been a moderate to biggish hit in the UK) and previewing a few tracks from the then forthcoming Source Tags & Codes. The next year saw them co-headline the Evening Session stage. For some odd reason at the beginning of their set I was watching the Offspring (yes, The Offspring) at the main stage. I think I thought it would be an interesting Dawson's Creek style flashback to being 14, but alas, I just stood there confused as to why 25 year old men around me were singing along so loudly. Then I realised I was doing this whilst missing the Dead, and so ran my little legs over to catch the second half of their set, which remains the best gig i've ever seen them do, climaxing with the full drum kit going out into the audience (I saw one person leaving with a floor tom at the end). Anyway so I just realised that the official Trail site have the full 2001 set on their media page. My personal highlight of that performance was the stunning set-ending Madonna highlight A Perfect Teenhood, and a direct link to that song along is below. Great baaaaand man! Great baaaaaaaaaand!

Download: Trail Of Dead / A Perfect Teenhood - MP3 6.19mb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home