Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Jens Lekman - Live stuff



I was completely and utterly obsessed a year or two ago when Jens Lekman's So Silent compilatioin came out. The combination of those early singles with the more thought out EP stuff from the Rocky Dennis release was utterly captivating. There's also some great stuff on both of his LPs, and it's nice to see him getting a lot more attention recently, but somehow neither of those records have really excited me as much as the compilation. I assume he's still got that classic hidden inside somewhere, so until then i'll definitely be paying attention. I only actually got the second LP very recently, but it made me go back to the old stuff, and when I diiiiid I stumbled upon a load of old rare-ish mp3s. Some recorded stuff and some nice live tracks. Below are six live songs; some rare early recordings of newer studio stuff, some covers, and one or two unreleased (I think?). Hope you enjoy!

Jens Lekman - A Little Lost (Live Radio Feb 2005)
Jens Lekman - La Strada Nel Bosco (Cesare Andrea Bixio cover)
Jens Lekman - Past, Present And Future (live)
Jens Lekman - The Opposite Of Hallelujah (Live Crocodile Cafe March 2005)
Jens Lekman - Who Can Sail Without The Wind (Live Radio Feb 2005)
Jens Lekman - Your Beat Kicks Back Like Death (live at 99 Festival)

1 Comments:

Blogger daniel said...

the last one is a scout niblett cover!

7:39 am, December 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home