Sunday, November 06, 2005

MP3: Serum - Feeling Is Believing single


Wow this takes me back. I gave away both of my Serum singles ages ago and couldn't even really remember any songs or anything about them, other than remembering that I thought they were pretty good and was annoyed that they disappeared so fast. They only released two singles, back in 1999, both on the now defunct Things To Come label. There is very little information out there, but from the little I could find out, the band was made up of Ben Bueno (who I believe did go on to another band, though I can't remember who), Steve Kennedy, Dan Hegarty and Jack Johnson (not that one I hope). Both singles were recorded in collaboration with Dave Eringa, producer of three Manic Street Preachers albums ('Gold Against The Soul', 'Everything Must Go', 'This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours') as well as Idlewild's excellent 'The Remote Part' and stuff from Ash, 3 Colours Red, Lowgold, South and others.

I think it's a pretty great single, obviously very Placebo and grunge influenced but not in an annoying way. It's a shame they only had one other single before disappearing off the face of the planet. That second, Know How, got a lot of airplay on the Evening Session, so I can only assume that maybe the band split up or something similar happened that led to their disappearance. I'm afraid there isn't any other info on the band available elsewhere, i've had a pretty good search, so if you can find it you're much cleverer than me.

By the way I was only able to get both these singles again due to the efforts of Lyle from the Drowned In Sound Forums, so thanks very much to him for taking the effort to send me the mp3s and the sleeve scans. He's also sent me a bunch of stuff from the long forgotten Lift, Greenship, Buddha Crush, Fanzine and Fantasmagroover, so i'll be putting those up in the near future.

You can still buy both Serum singles here at Norman Records, or buy a used copy of Feeling Is Believing at Amazon marketplaces. I'll be uploading the second single, Know How, some time soon, so keep an eye out for that cos it's well worth a listen. Until then here are mp3s of Feeling Is Believing and its two bsides. Enjoy.

Download: Feeling Is Believing - MP3 2.54mb (rapidshare)
Download: Horses Hoof - MP3 2.58mb (rapidshare)
Download: Fire The Children - MP3 2.72mb (rapidshare)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok.... dude please please please load serum - know how on your site. i fuckin love the song and all ive heard is the bass and vocal version...
if ur not updatin then send it to suck_on_this182@hotmail.com
thank you and i love you....

3:01 pm, November 25, 2005  
Blogger Jamie Summers said...

i'll be upping it tomorrow night. though you might be a bit disappointed... wait and you'll see what i mean!

6:41 pm, November 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude can u send me a link 2 where it is cus i cnt find it!
cheers
xx

12:41 am, December 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please check the links again - they've mostly all been taken down due to inactivity! :(

2:38 pm, April 09, 2006  
Blogger mganchanmi said...

What are you waiting for? Is your phone ringing old and outdated? I will introduce you to the most recent ringing tones. Here are the most popular free songs:

- Mere Wala Sardar ringtones
- Expert Jatt ringtones
- Maa Ka Phone Aaya ringtones
- Humnava Mere ringtones
- Majbooriyan ringtones

You can download music all over the world. Perfect music. This is my home page so you can learn more about other genres: https://ringtonedownload.in/

Hope my ringtone will bring a new look to the ringtone world. Share your favorite ringtone with the world. Thank you!

3:43 am, October 22, 2018  
Blogger Sophie Grace said...

Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Please visit best site webstagram

6:42 am, February 24, 2020  

Post a Comment

<< Home