Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Video: Afghan Whigs - Come See About Me



Another good video, this time The Afghan Whigs cover of the Supremes classic Come See About Me. It's taken from their last Sub Pop release, 1992's Uptown Avondale. I wrote about the Whigs a while ago, and as I wrote then they've become on my favourite bands. This is also, I think, one of the best covers i've ever heard. Super cool video too. More Whigs info at Summers Kiss or Wikipedia.

Check back later today (university work permitting) for another part of my Pulp History thingy, this time looking at the three post-It singles later compiled on the Masters Of The Universe compilation.

Afghan Whigs - Come See About Me - MPG 38.5mb (rapidshare)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

That post confused me a little at first, as there's a good Athens band called The Whigs. Heh. Ah well.

http://www.whigs.net/

3:14 pm, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home