Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Video: Mudhoney - Here Comes Sickness



Now here's a video that rocks my ASS. Big time. Here Comes Sickness is taken from Mudhoney's self titled 1989 debut album, and is one hell of a great song. The album came out on Sub Pop after the release of the legendary Superfuzz Bigmuff EP, and it's just as strong as most of the stuff on that. Now i'm a few years (well quite a few, but let's not talk about that) from the time when I had my teenage Nirvana obsession (we all have one), I've actually realised that Nirvana are probably the 'grunge' band that I listen to the least. Other than In Utero, I'm a bit sick of the rest of their albums. Nevermind is way too overproduced and slick, and Bleach isn't really that great when you could be listening to the Melvins. I actually probably listen to Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Tad, Screaming Trees and awful lot more, and the lesser well known alt. rock bands of the era, like Blind Melon, Afghan Whigs, just seem a hell of a lot better to my ears than most Nirvana, though the overplaying of their catalogue obviously has something to do with that. I also don't think that i'll ever get sick of Mudhoney. Even now they're making fantastic records, and their early stuff stands up so well it's unbelievable. Hope you like it, more Mudhoney info at Wikipedia.

Mudhoney - Here Comes Sickness - AVI 37.3mb (rapidshare)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home