Wednesday, July 06, 2005

MP3: My Life Story / It's A Girl Thing & If You Can't Live Without Me Then Why Aren't You Dead Yet


Now My Life Story were a band that I never really got into when I used to hear them on the Evening Session (I particular remember It's A Girl Thing getting a lot of airplay), but that I'm gonna try to hear some more of now i've listened to some mp3s.

The My Life Story lineup I remember was Jake Shillingford (vocals/guitar), Paul Siepel (bass), Danny Turner (synthesisers), Simon Wray(drums), but that lineup might have just been for the third album. As far as I know those guys were the core members of the band which formed in Essex around 1993. However for the first two albums they toured and recorded as a 12 piece with lots of fun orchestra style stuff going on. First single 'Girl A, Girl B, Girl C' came out in 1994, and the band went on to support Pulp, Blur and Oasis before and during that lovely time known as the Britpop era. Debut album 'Mornington Crescent' came out later that year, and was followed by 'The Golden Mile' (1997) and 'Joined Up Talking' (2000).

Singles included: Home Sweet Zoo, Funny Ha Ha, You Don't Sparkle (In My Eyes), The Mornington Crescent Companion EP, 12 Reasons Why, The King Of Kissingdom, Strumpet, Duchess, It's A Girl Thing (the first mp3 below), Empire Line and Walk/Don't Walk. The second mp3 below is 'If You Can't Live Without Me Then Why Aren't You Dead Yet', which like 'It's A Girl Thing' was taken from their third and final album. The band sadly split in December 2000.

For more info you can check out the official site or this unofficial fan site, but the top of the pops for MLS info is Checkmate, An Unofficial Fan Site. Enjoy.

Download: It's A Girl Thing - MP3 3.6mb (rapidshare)
Download: If You Can't Live Without Me Then Why Aren't You Dead Yet - MP3 3.5mb (rapidshare)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just waiting for My Life Story ;)

6:37 pm, July 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home