Wednesday, November 09, 2005

MP3: Fanzine - American Larks



Okay here's another couple of tracks from the CD that the wonderful Lyle of the Drowned In Sound forums sent me. Fanzine were a short lived but great Indie band who I believe released just two singles back in 1999, both on the super-indie Club Spangle label, who I believe just released 7" singles and nothing else. The first was called 'Magazine Actress', and came out on see through vinyl with a song called 'Clockwork' as the bside. The second was 'American Larks', which came out on blue vinyl and had the song 'I Wish I Was Safe In Heaven, Dead' as the bside. Both singles were played many many many times on Steve Lamacq's Evening Session. I've got both of the tracks from the second single up for download. I'm afraid I haven't get any more info for you, I couldn't find anything online and my own recollection is pretty hazy. I think they were from London, but other than that i'm clueless. I couldn't even find a picture, which explains why above are pictures of...some fanzines. Anyway they're a good couple of songs, very much of the era they came from, hope you enjoy them.

Download: American Larks - MP3 1.49mb (rapidshare)
Download: I Wish I Was Safe In Heaven, Dead - MP3 2.97mb (rapidshare)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

American larks was released as a cds too.
Maybe i don't remember correctly but i think one of them was running the Club Spangle label.
Good blog Jamie !

9:28 pm, November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home