Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Video: Auteurs / Chris Cunningham - Back With The Killer Again & Light Aircraft On Fire



I've been watching a few of the Director's File compilation DVD's recently, and noticed that a few of them are annoyingly incomplete. The most annoying for me was that the Chris Cunningham set doesn't include the two videos he made early in his career for The Auteurs. Both made around the time of the After Murder Park album, they're a little bit basic and amateur compared to Cunningham's later stuff, but they're still worth a look if you're a fan of him or The Auteurs. Unfortunately these aren't huge videos, and the Back With The Killer Again video is only a one minute excerpt, but I thought i'd stick them up anyway. Enjoy.

The Auteurs - Light Aircraft On Fire - MOV 8.11mb (rapidshare)
The Auteurs - Back With The Killer Again - MOV 4.72mb (rapidshare)

5 Comments:

Blogger Idle Fellow said...

I like your blog, and you often make me feel pleasingly nostalgic for the scuzzy indie rock of the mid-nineties, the days when John Peel was god and Steve Lamacq the messiah. But I have a problem - I've never yet got one of the videos from rapidshare to work. I always get told the session is invalid. It would be nice to see the Auteurs in all their misanthropic terrorism obsessed glory.

9:16 pm, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Jamie Summers said...

thanks, glad you like the site. afraid i can't be a help with why the downloads don't work...maybe you have cookies turned off and rapidshare uses them in some way? or is it that you can download but the files won't run?
most of the videos i put up should work with bsplayer, which you can get from http://www.bsplayer.org/
or if its .mov files then they should always work in quicktime. anyway hope you can sort it soon!

10:02 pm, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Robert said...

Love the blog, just like everyone else. This is the first time I tried to download a video (bit tricky, instructions are not that clear and you have to be quick to enter the code that comes up).

Interesting video, it feels a bit conventional until the black contact lens and animal heads start appearing.

I remember the Auteurs being a bit too cool for school when I was at university and I was surprised to find that the song was so ordinary underneath the great title and image on the single cover.

10:32 pm, April 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to this:
www.myspace.com/pennycentury
i think you would like it...

2:42 pm, April 18, 2006  
Blogger Ben said...

It pissed me off that they didn't include all of Cunningham's videos on his disc as well. I mean, I realize that he hates most of his early videos, and that they aren't nearly as whacked-out (and in some cases, as interesting) as his later videos, but that seems like a pretty weak excuse to me. So, I bring you this link:

http://www.director-file.com/cunningham/

which has downloads for quite a few of his other music videos, as well as commercials, shorts, etc. Enjoy!

10:11 pm, April 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home