Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bootleg Heaven: Radiohead - Live in Warrington (2000)



Now this is a nice tape. On the biggest UK tour since the release of Kid A and the subsequent confusion of a large percentage of their fanbase, this gig sees Radiohead putting on a stunningly ace performance, mixing material from that album with then unreleased songs from Amnesiac, a rather random bside and even a Can cover. The new stuff sounds fucking great live, the old tracks sound great and not tooo out of place, and the crowd reaction is pretty great too. This set was broadcast on the 2nd October 2000 on BBC Radio One. I've transferred it from tape, and it sounds pretty good except for a slight glitch in the middle of Dollars And Cents where I had to splice two tracks together (oh the fun of turning over tapes whilst recording live performances!). Hope you like it!

Make sure to check back tomorrow night, as i'll be starting a series of posts previewing the forthcoming All Tomorrow's Parties festival curated by the wonderful Dirty Three, which, stunningly (the bill features Nick Cave, Low, Joanna Newsom, Cat Power, etc etc!) is still not sold out. Crazy.

Radiohead - 01 National Anthem (live)
Radiohead - 02 Morning Bell (live)
Radiohead - 03 Karma Police (live)
Radiohead - 04 In Limbo (live)
Radiohead - 05 Paranoid Android (live)
Radiohead - 06 Permanent Daylight (live)
Radiohead - 07+08 - Pyramid Song & Street Spirit (live)
Radiohead - 09 Climbing Up The Walls (live)
Radiohead - 10 Dollars & Cents (live)
Radiohead - 11 Lucky (live)
Radiohead - 12 Idioteque (live)
Radiohead - 13 Just (live)
Radiohead - 14 Everything In It's Right Place (live)
Radiohead - 15 Exit Music (For A Film) (live)
Radiohead - 16 The Thief (live)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wanna be investing in a potable minidisc recorder, matey. Perfect. I got one in to a Wembley Arena gig, which included getting body-searched twice. I had it hidden in a box of ear-plugs held in my outstretched arms while the big burly bouncer frisked me. My how we laughed (quietly).

8:22 pm, April 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! This was played at the time by a radio station here in Israel. I also had it on tape and listened to it over and over and over again, what an awesome show. That tape has got to be somewhere in my house, but for some odd reason all the cassette players I have went kaput probably from lack of usage (anyone experience a similar phenomenon?). 10x for this great download!

10:06 pm, April 18, 2007  
Blogger Hazey Lady said...

Hi!

I just wanted to tell you that I've woted you in my blog: www.piccadillymary.blogspot.com

Tell me if you want me to remove :(
It's something that you wrote last year about the MSP.

Thanks ^^

9:47 pm, April 19, 2007  
Blogger alex said...

The good Lord have mercy upon us! exclaimed Marann, springing up and catching hold of her mother's skirts, as she began her advance phentermine towards the bar-room.. Van Kamp stopped the landlord's own coumadin breath.. The above qualification--in so far as the two wishes are compatible with each other--contains a suggestion that there may metoprolol be cases in which the function of the dream suffers shipwreck.. We were forced to form such a succession for the sake of description ; in reality, however, it is much rather a matter of simultaneously trying this path and that, and of emotions fluctuating to and fro, until finally, owing to the most expedient distribution, one particular lortab grouping is secured which remains.. It is not very difficult to prove that what nexium is now present as intense dread in the dream was once desire, and is now secondary to the repression.. Hello, Sim, said Mr. bupropion. They stole glances at the clock on the mantel. valium. It would be impossible to do valtrex this without passing directly in her range of vision, and he did not intend to try to avoid it.. I have no foolish phentermine weaknesses.. Here, as well as in spontaneous awakening, the allegra first glance strikes the perception content created by the dream-work, while the next strikes the one produced from without.. Hargraves took his departure without another potassium word.. How much did you give for him? was the widow's first query, after they had reached a stretch of soma road that was good going and the deacon had let him out for a length or two.. The two lisinopril stood before her like detected criminals.. You've got to convince that levitra jury yourself.. He then mobic opened a cupboard and brought out a bottle of whiskey and two glasses...

3:04 am, April 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great gig - I was there - the first time I saw Radiohead! Thom showed his true sense of humour when he did Exit Music in the style of George Formby (look him up) who was born near Warrington.

4:17 am, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm.....did you remove these or something? It keeps saying "404 not found" or some crap. Hmmmm......that sucks. I really wanted to hear these.

3:21 pm, September 09, 2007  
Blogger Ethan Cooper said...

Hello .. firstly I would like to send greetings to all readers. After this, I recognize the content so interesting about this article. For me personally I liked all the information. I would like to know of cases like this more often. In my personal experience, I really enjoyed reading about , I think that this Is a very professional information, and I would like to know if you know something about eco vacation costa rica

3:18 am, August 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home