Sunday, November 27, 2005

MP3: Serum - Know How single



Okay here's the second and as far as I know last single from the Britrock band Serum. As I said before, they popped up in 1999 and released two singles on the short lived Things To Come label before disappearing off the face of the planet. You can find out a tiny bit more info about them by checking out the post I made about their first single, 'Feeling Is Believing'.

I actually got an email from someone the other day asking me to put this up, as he had only heard the bass and vocals version of Know How. Well here it is, but i'm afraid he'll find that he had the single version already. Pretty odd decision really, releasing a bass and vocal only song as your second single, and maybe that added to Serum's fast demise... It's still really catchy and well worth a listen, and I remember it getting played on the Evening Session a hell of a lot, but think it was a bit too weird for most people's tastes.

I managed to pick up a copy for about 50p at a record fair back in 99, but somehow lost/lent it and was never able to find it again. That's why i'm again indebted to Lyle from the DIS forums for his assistance in getting it online. It's well worth a quick download, as are the bsides. Shame the band didn't get around to doing anything else really. Anyway, enjoy!

Download: Know How - MP3 2.1mb (rapidshare)
Download: Thrush - MP3 2.2mb (rapidshare)
Download: Bleeding On The Inside - MP3 3.2mb (rapidshare)

10 Comments:

Blogger elleyukar said...

Amazing, the first song is great.

12:45 am, December 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

Thank for putting the download on this site.

I bought a copy of Knowhow fom HMV soon after it came out but I had it stolen and haven't been able to buy or download the song from anywhere. Great song.

With regards to where they went...I've no idea. They were planning to release a third single but their website disappeared and so did they before it was released. I remember a couple of years back, Steve Lamacq asked listeners to give information about what had happened to them but no-one seemed to know!

Bizarre.

Tom

5:14 pm, December 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please check the link on the 3rd track again - it's been taken down due to inactivity! :(

2:38 pm, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Joe said...

Hey man, I'm Joe, can you possibly send me all of the Serum you've got? The time-out period on the downloads is up, so I'd love to get more. I've got Know How, but never been able to find any more...

Cheers

Joe
joeinnes@gmail.com

7:55 pm, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Drift Rebellion said...

I heard one of the band on Iain Lee's radio show on LBC, he's an estate agent now. He phoned in for something else but just casually said at the end that he used to be in a band called Serum. I still listen to Know How to this day, great track.

If you like Serum check my myspace.

www.myspace.com/driftrebellion

1:31 pm, November 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I didn't dream this. I'd love to hear Know-How again after seven years. Shame it timed out.

2:51 pm, December 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP protonix extra weight gain

7:23 pm, March 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Buy phendimetrazine on line dishwasher Cancer lupron prostate treatment 1977 chrysler town and country new dodge Lcd flat panel hdtv Mega millions numbers nj minnie mouse watch Colored contact lenses free Mounting a usb hard drive in linux http://www.culinaryschools3.info Bbw gym group sex Meridia law association http://www.imitrex-7.info buy levitra Suzuki motorcycles indonesia running Cruise general travel fibromyalgia topamax Freeware blank receipt

12:35 pm, April 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool

3:04 pm, November 03, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

for new serum stuff please see

http://myspace.com/thedeedsofthenameless

or alternatively

www.deedsofthenameless.com

4:29 pm, June 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home