Tuesday, September 26, 2006

MP3: The Smiths - Live in Los Angeles 1986



Okay. I am currently very busy. Today I handed in my masters dissertation. In a few hours I turn my pc off and pack it away ready to move to my new flat. I won't have internet access for maybe a week or so, so don't expect any updates in that time, but keep checking back anyway because I might be lucky and sort it out quickly. I will also be losing my current webspace, so many of the pictures and mp3s on here won't be accessible from when my ISP deactivates it, but as they're useless and can't get anything right, who knows when that will be. But in case they do, i recommend you download any of the songs from my recent posts ASAP.

Right then! For a special goodbye for now treat, i've got an entire show (minus two songs) from The Smiths. Recorded in Los Angeles on the 26th August 1986 as part of the American part of the Queen Is Dead tour, it's a really great gig with a stunning setlist and a rather maniacal crowd. Apparently they got so out of control during the Smiths two day stint in LA that on the second night the army were called to keep them in order. As I said this is missing two songs, Hand In Glove and Bigmouth Strikes Again, which aren't on my copy of the bootleg, but i'm sure you won't mind too much considering how good the stuff that's here is. For more info on this gig check out the invaluable Passions Just Like Mine. And until I type to you next, take care everyone.

The Smiths - 01 Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (live)
The Smiths - 02 Still Ill (live)
The Smiths - 03 I Want The One I Can't Have (live)
The Smiths - 04 There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (live)
The Smiths - 05 How Soon Is Now (live)
The Smiths - 06 Frankly Mr Shankly (live)
The Smiths - 07 Panic (live)
The Smiths - 08 Stretch Out And Wait (live)
The Smiths - 09 The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (live)
The Smiths - 10 Is It Really So Strange (live)
The Smiths - 11 Cemetry Gates (live)
The Smiths - 12 Never Had No One Ever (live)
The Smiths - 13 Rubber Ring & What She Said medley (live)
The Smiths - 14 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore (live)
The Smiths - 15 Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (live)
The Smiths - 16 The Queen Is Dead (live)
The Smiths - 17 Money Changes Everything (live)
The Smiths - 18 I Know It's Over (live)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great congratulations on handing in your dissertation. And thanks for the live Smiths too.

3:08 pm, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great Smith boot!

5:35 am, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And don't forget the songs that made you cry, and the songs that saved your life... Thank you so much for that wonderful gig !

12:19 pm, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have many smiths boots but not this one,i thank you from the heart of my bottom x

2:09 pm, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting The Smiths gig- beautiful, just beautiful. Deeply grateful.xxx

9:07 pm, December 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello blogger, nice spam posts have you!

In all seriousness, or seriosity, or seriousity, or just plain "I ain't shittin' 'round" - thx for the live Smiths trax dude!

10:48 am, February 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure this was from 8/26/86?
The 'Passions Just Like Mine' site has a slightly different setlist order for the 26th.

And I take it that "Hand In Glove" and "Bigmouth Strikes Again" were encores?

12:12 pm, February 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, to be more specific, the Passions site lists "Meat Is Murder" & "Reel Around The Fountain" in the set.

12:14 pm, February 04, 2007  
Blogger Term Papers said...

The Smiths. Recorded in Los Angeles on the 26th August 1986 as part of the American part of the Queen Is Dead tour, it's a really great gig with a stunning setlist and a rather maniacal crowd.


Term papers

11:19 am, February 11, 2010  
Blogger benny said...

hello - any idea how i can get hold of this set - the links to the downloads don't seem to be working.
Thank you - i'd love it.
b

12:22 pm, March 24, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home