Monday, October 30, 2006

MP3: 65 Days Of Static - Peel Session



So today I had my first day of full time work ever. Ever. It was odd. Annoyingly I have no daytime internet access, but other than that everything is good, and do not fear, I shall still be updating every damn day with ubergood music.

For today i've got something from a band much loved by many of the friendly folk over at Drowned In Sound; a Peel session from Sheffield's much beloved 65 Days Of Static. So far the band have released two excellent albums, with a third to follow in 2007. This session was unfortunately recorded around the time that John Peel died, and so sadly never got broadcast on his show (it was played later by one of John's temporary replacements). However as it was recorded for him and at Maida Vaile, and as they're such a good band, I think it's deserving of Peel Session monickerism.

I Swallowed Hard and Fix The Sky are taken from the bands 2004 debut The Fall Of Math, whilst A.O.D. featured on the single for that album's song Hole and Massive Star... is as far as I know only featured on the bands early and now out-of-print self released album How I Fucked Off All My Friends. Hope you like them!

65 Days Of Static - 01 A.O.D. (Peel session)
65 Days Of Static - 02 I Swallowed Hard, Like I Understood (Peel session)
65 Days Of Static - 03 Massive Star At The End Of Its Burning Cycle (Peel session)
65 Days Of Static - 04 Fix The Sky A Little (Peel session)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First day of work ever? You make me sick. I forgive you though, no internet access = murdering spree this end, so you've been punished enough.

10:06 am, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait 'til you've had 35 years of work... Then you really will know what life is all about !!!

6:41 pm, October 31, 2006  
Blogger Jamie Summers said...

i am 22. just finished masters degree. have worked tons of full days before but not reaaaaaaaal work, just shop work.

6:47 pm, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. The eyes. The eyes. Not around the eyes. Don’t look around my eyes. Look into my eyes. You’re under. You will walk into your supervisor's office and tender your resignation. You will not, repeat not, dawdle or change your mind. You will return home to your computer and commence posting the hourly posting of cool shit so i may download until my hard drive smokes and implodes. Three, two, one, you’re back in the
room.

12:28 am, November 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home