Thursday, October 26, 2006

MP3: Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Peel Session



For today I thought i'd post one of my very favourite Peel Sessions from the years that I was listening to the show. It's the only appearance that Godspeed You! Black Emperor made on Peel, and was made up of one 18 minute track. It was recorded on the 22nd November 1998 and broadcast on the 19th January 1999. For the nerds amongst you, its made up of three movements, named Monheim, Chart #3 and Steve Reich. The first two movements would go on to feature on 2000's classic Lift Yr. Skinny Fists, while Steve Reich is as yet still unreleased in a studio version.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Hung Over As The Queen At Maida Vale (Peel session)

3 Comments:

Blogger skyintheairwaves said...

Yes! More Godspeed! Yes yes yes!

WE need more godspeed while they are on "hiatus"

12:09 am, October 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an absolutely awesome session not just for the Peel show but for the band too. Thanks for posting it. It's one of my favourite Godspeed recordings.

10:34 pm, November 09, 2006  
Blogger T.Douglas Robbins Esq. said...

This Peel Session track blew me up inside. I really like the last part. Thanks, and if you have any other GY!BE you would like to share please contact me. I know this post is really old, but there is a hope you will get my comment at some point.

7:41 am, March 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home